When it comes to the holiday season, wine can be the answer to most questions – whether you’re stuck without a gift, planning a festive spread or just need a way to destress. Sonoma County has over 290 wineries with thousands of bottles to choose from that are great for gifting or to personally enjoy.
Sonoma County wines serve as the perfect holiday present, bringing together loved ones and adding unique flavors to every holiday feast – available at a range of price points.
Below is a sample of wines that are available for purchase nationally, both in stores and online through their respective websites:
- Clos du Bois – Clos du Bois California Chardonnay 2014 ($12.00)
The Clos du Bois California Chardonnay emanates a richer pallet than your standard pale summer whites.
- La Crema – La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($23.00)
The texture and bright notes of spice and apple in this Chardonnay are perfectly suited to the moist richness of a roast turkey and pair beautifully with many complementary dishes.
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery – 2015 Gundlach Bundschu Gewürztraminer ($25.00)
This dry, crowd-pleasing Gewürz is an excellent accompaniment to a traditional holiday meal.
- Chateau St. Jean Winery and Vineyard – Chateau St. Jean Robert Young Vineyard Pinot Blanc ($25.00)
This incredibly food-friendly wine offers a rich texture, delicious lemon crème flavors and bright acidity that help cut through some of the richness of the Holiday meal.
- Ravenswood Zinfandel – 2013 Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel ($18.50)
This wine is warm and flavorful, enveloping the senses with blueberry, blackberry, natural vanilla, and baking spice flavors.
- Carol Shelton Wines – 2014 Wild Thing Old Vine Zinfandel ($19.00)
Carol’s Old Vine Zinfandel is a great red wine for any dinner party and pairs with a wide variety of foods with its complex and lush flavor.
- Folie à Deux – Folie à Deux Zinfandel 2013 ($20.00)
The rich flavors of the holiday season call for this decadent Zinfandel that can hold its own next to roasted turkey, rack of lamb and pasta Bolognese.
- Murphy Goode Winery – Murphy-Goode Liar’s Dice Zinfandel ($21.00)
This juicy Zinfandel, with soft tannins and fresh, ripe flavors of black raspberry, black cherry and blackberry jam would be a winning pair with just about anything coming off the grill or smoker.