Austin’s Wheatsville Co-op, a grocer featuring local, organic and non-GMO food, offers some money saving hacks for the New Year.
Saving money and eating healthy are always top picks for New Year’s resolutions. While healthy eating can be more expensive, it doesn’t have to be if shoppers are armed with the right knowledge.
Below are seven money saving hacks to shopping at Wheatsville Food Co-op that can help you eat healthier on a budget come 2017:
- Bulk Up: Wheatsville has an extensive Bulk Department which includes spices, teas, honey, olive oil, vinegar, nut butters, grains, cereals, granola, nuts and more. From a pinch to a pound, shoppers can buy exactly what they need and a not a penny more.
- Case Savings: If shoppers buy a case of anything – granola bars, jerky, protein powder etc. – Wheatsville will give an extra 10-percent off. Perfect for stocking up on healthy pantry staples.
- Savings On-the-Go: If shoppers are in a pinch for time, but are still looking to save money and eat healthy they can always stop by the deli for a Brown Rice, Beans & Salsa Bowl. For just $1.99 this meal is served hot and made in-house with all organic ingredients.
- Join the Club: While the Co-op is open to all shoppers all the time, members of the Co-op enjoy some extra financial benefits including 20-percent off total purchases twice a year, special Owner Deals and patronage rebates.
- Think Local: When it comes to buying fresh produce, purchasing locally grown fruits and veggies will last longer than items that have traveled from further away. Wheatsville just so happens to have one of the largest selections of local produce in Austin, think of it as a local farmer’s market seven days a week.
- Back to Basics: Follow the purple signs throughout the stores to stock up on Wheatsville’s 300+ Co-op Basic items. These kitchen staples have fantastic everyday low prices and most are organic and non-GMO.
- Weekly Deals and Steals: Wheatsville features Super Awesome Weekly Deals and 3 Day Deals every week. Shoppers who sign up for Wheatsville’s weekly emails find out about these deals first!