January is National Soup Month!
Besides just eating the delicious culinary creation, in Austin there is a great way to give back, too.
PhoNatic, a casual Vietnamese restaurant, is hosting a monthlong fundraiser for Mobile Loaves & Fishes, an Austin-based nonprofit dedicated to providing food, clothing, toiletries and more to homeless men and women.
PhoNatic’s National Soup Month fundraiser will have two parts. During the month of January:
- PhoNatic has pledged to donate $1 to Mobile Loaves & Fishes every time a guest tags a photo of their pho with #SoupPhoAll on Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook.
- PhoNatic is offering guests a free fountain drink each time they bring unopened, travel-sized toiletries to any PhoNatic location for Mobile Loaves & Fishes’ survival packs. Acceptable travel-sized toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, toothpaste and deodorant.
In-kind toiletry donations can also be made at all five PhoNatic locations:
- Cedar Park: 1468 E. Whitestone Blvd, Suite 200
- Mueller: 1201 Barbara Jordan Blvd, Suite 1460
- Northcross: 2525 W. Anderson Ln, Bldg 3, Suite 280
- Round Rock: 200 University Blvd, Suite 530
- Southpark Meadows: 9900 S IH 35, Suite P500
Mobile Loaves & Fishes is a social outreach ministry that empowers communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless. The organization has been serving in Central Texas since 1998, and its food truck ministry operates 7 nights a week, 365 days a year delivering food, hygiene products and other life-sustaining items to our homeless neighbors. With the support of more than 19,000 volunteers and over 5 million meals served, Mobile Loaves & Fishes is the largest prepared feeding program to the homeless and working poor in Austin, Texas.